11 ways to get more (real) Instagram followers Followers on Instagram
Instagram quickly grew from a simple app for kids to a tool that can be used for content marketing, networking, and audience building. With over 200 million users per month, Instagram is one of the most used social networking sites. It has 60 million photos and 1.6 billion likes daily. It’s amazing! While engagement rates for brands on social media networks average less than 0.1% (including Instagram), this is still amazing. In a 2014 Forrester study, the average Instagram engagement rate was 58 higher than that on Facebook. All of these reasons and more are rationale why it is worth to grow your instagram following if you run a business.
These numbers are hard to argue with. This is just an average number. You don’t want your online marketing to be just average, as I strongly advocate. It is not a goal or a dream. The reality is, if you want to promote your online business, you need to be on instagram.
While 58 times more engagement than Facebook sounds amazing, you can do so many more things on Instagram. You don’t have to be a huge brand, or just curious about how to make Instagram famous. I want you not to settle for being average. I want you reach for the stars and become an Instagram unicorn. A digital unicorn is a rare, magical creature that surpasses all other creatures by orders of magnitude.
These eleven amazing Instagram hacks will help you to achieve this.
1. Cross-promote your designated hashtag.
It’s great that you have created a @joesgarage tag for your company. But who knows if they will use it to share information about you? It should be in your profile. However, you can print it on receipts, signage at your store, and at events.
Direct people to use your hashtag if you are on TV or radio. Incorporate online and offline campaigns by making sure it is listed on all your social media profiles and on your website. Do not rely on people finding it.
2. Use hashtagging to get creative
Its important you think beyond the obvious, one-word hashtags when it comes to Instagram caption ideas. You can use them, of course, but you should also use hashtags to tell a part of your story. You can be funny, ironic or outrageous, but don’t be boring. WeWork, a collaborative workspace company, is excellent at this. They also include fun Instagram content.
3. Participate in hugely popular discussions
Use a mixture of hashtags that are relevant to your post (e.g. #woodworking if you’re a carpenter company) and trending hashtags whenever possible.
These hashtags work in the same way as long-tail keywords. They show more intent and help you locate the right people. However, universally popular hashtags such as #instagood and #tbt, @photooftheday , #fun will get you in front more people. Both are necessary to succeed on a social media network as large and as noisy as Instagram.
4. Your bio URL is your best asset
This is the most important space on your Instagram profile. Do you really want your bio link to your website homepage? Yawn. You should change it at least twice a week and include a clickable link in the bio to drive traffic towards your most recent or most popular content.
5. Use descriptive captions
Although a picture is worth a thousand word, you cannot skip the words. National Geographic’s Instagram photos are accompanied by storytelling to create engagement and share. NatGeo, one of the most popular brands on Instagram with more than 50 million followers, has done well in digital media.
This is similar to the other Instagram hacks that I have included here. You will want to make this a priority and incorporate it into your strategy over time. Don’t be afraid to try new things. As you discover your brand’s Instagram voice, your writing will improve.
6. Influencer marketing is a must-have
To be notified whenever they post new content, visit the profiles of the influencers you have identified in your space. Then you can interact with them and become one their favourite people or brands.
7. You can remove any unwanted tags photos from your profile
You can only feature user-generated content that is relevant to you and your brand on your Instagram account. You can’t delete tagged photos from the website. To do this, select “Edit Tags”, remove those you don’t want, and then choose “Hide from Profile”. (You may need to confirm). This does the trick.
8. Before the content appears on your profile, approve photo tags
You can make Instagram settings so that tagged photos don’t appear on your profile unless you approve them. This option is available under “Options,” Photo of You,” or “Add Manually.”
I am trying to find a reason that any company wouldn’t want to do it… I don’t have anything. This is a must-have to avoid embarrassing situations.
9. Create your Instagram style
While it’s natural to want to be accepted, Instagram allows you to stand out. Frooti, an Indian beverage brand, has created such unique visual content that it is instantly recognisable every time someone sees a Frooti update in their newsfeed. It’s amazing!
10. Get local
You can see what’s happening in a particular area (e.g., in your neighborhood, in an ad targeting city, or at an event) by using the search page. To view all geotagged posts, enter the name of the location.
You can find more major trends in local social media marketing here.
11. Keep your calls to action in mind
Instagram, like all social networks, is a platform for conversation and not broadcasting. What actions do you want people take after reading your post? Start over if you don’t know this. Staples excels at engaging people by clearly letting them know what they expect of them with their posts. Bonus points if it sounds fun! This call to action often gets people to share and virally spread Staples content.
How to Increase Your Instagram Followers [Summary]
These are the steps to increase your Instagram followers:
- Your dedicated hashtag should be promoted on all social media profiles, your website, and in your email blast.
- Use hashtags to express your creativity. You can be funny, ironic or outrageous, but not boring.
- Keep an eye out for the top trending hashtags. These conversations will help you reach more people.
- To drive traffic to your most recent or most popular content, use your bio link.
- Write descriptive captions. Storytelling can help you generate interest and share.
- Get to know top influencers in your area and get to know them.
- You don’t want your brand or yourself tagged in a photo on your profile. You can edit tags to remove images from your profile.
- You can adjust your settings to ensure that embarrassing tags photos don’t appear without your permission.
- Your own distinctive, identifiable visual style. Find your unique style and make it stand out!
- You can visit the Places tab for information about what’s happening in your area, in particular a specific city, or at an event.
- To tell people what you want, use a call-to-action. Use clever methods to encourage people to share your content.