The Ambitious Investor Blog Editorial Guidelines
Hi There – thanks for your interest in our Blogs, we’re glad you’re here!
Do you have exceptional writing and/or design skills and would like to share your expertise with a large audience of marketers, growth hackers, and business owners? Great! We’d love to hear from you.
But before you submit, let’s take some time to review this entire page. It should answer any questions you have about:
• Our guest blogging principles
• The types of content we can (and cannot) accept
• How the submission process works
• Where to submit your post idea
Please note: We value all of your pitches. However, due to the volume of requests we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to all submissions. If your submission is aligned with what we’re looking for, and we have availability in our editorial calendar, you’ll hear from us.
AMBITIOUS INVESTOR cannot guarantee blog placement.
Our editorial team reviews all pitches and makes selections based on a number of factors, including whether or not a topic fits into our site architecture and topic focus areas, SEO viability, and relevance to our audience.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of pitches we receive, we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to publish your post, even if it meets our editorial guidelines.
In our mission to publish the best, most relevant educational content for our audiences, we can’t guarantee the publication of your post submission. We evaluate posts primarily based on fit for our audiences and the potential reach of each topic. We do not offer guaranteed publication to anyone.
Submissions must meet our quality standards in order to get published.
Ambitious Investor has specific standards around the types of blog post submissions we accept and decline. Editors reserve the right to pass on contributions that do not meet our editorial standards.
Published articles will live exclusively on the Ambitious investor Blog.
If your post is published on our Blog, we encourage you to share it with your network and link back to it.
However, it is against our policy if you republish the article on any other website and we will remove your blog – this includes your own website, or blogging platforms like LinkedIn, Medium, etc. This also means we cannot accept guest articles that have already been published on other platforms or websites.
All final content decisions are at the blog team’s discretion.
This means the Ambitious Investor blog team reserves the right to:
• Edit and adapt your guest blog content for search optimization, accuracy, comprehensiveness, and new information as information within the original piece becomes outdated or requires reevaluation.
• Include calls-to-action to Ambitious Investor content and offers (e.g., downloadable e-books).
• Use your guest author photo across our content (e.g., on Ambitious Investor social media channels and email newsletters).
• Remove the post from the blog.
The Bare Essentials for Every Post We Publish
Ambitious Investor has four core pillar topics: Personal Finance, Investing, Online Marketing and Side Hustle Ideas
Successful guest contributions are comprehensive, data-rich, and personality-driven posts that teach our readers something new about the world of business.
We look for:
• Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
• Articles that reflect the writing style/tone of our Blog. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and never jargon-ey.
• Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
o Note: All data should have originated within the last two years.
• No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post.
• Links to at least 3-5 relevant Ambitious Investor blog posts in your piece.
The Types of Posts We Accept
• Experiment / Analysis – Did you recently run a marketing experiment? Or maybe you completed an analysis of your own or your customers’ data that yielded fascinating insights the world should know about? Write it up and send it over. These posts should include cited data, actionable takeaways, and thorough explanations of each step in the experiment or analysis process. Readers should have enough information to replicate your experiment or study if they’d like to.
• Canonical – These posts give readers in-depth tactical takeaways supported by relevant, recent examples, original quotes, original graphics, and current data. When readers finish this type of post, they should be able to execute on the given topic and have very few questions left on how to do it.
The Types of Posts We Do Not Accept
• Anything that’s been covered on our blog before. Please do a site search before submitting your articles.
• Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
• Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
• Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
• Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies — this is not a site to air grievances.
• Create H2s, H3s, and H4s to organize your content.
• Keep paragraphs short: No more than 3 sentences.
• Add bulleted lists whenever possible.
• Numbered lists should be formatted as number + period.
• Always include an introduction and a conclusion.
• When including images from other publications, cite the image source as: “Image source” and hyperlink that text with the page you found the image on.
• Copy and paste your post into Grammarly, or Microsoft Word and run a spell check.
• Use Hemingway Editor to check for run-on sentences and difficult sentence structure.
Where to Submit Your Idea
Ready to share? Please submit your blog post here
If your article meets our editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published.